Focus & Scope
RHR focuses on human rights broadly conceived. We are an interdisciplinary journal and therefore we encourage variety of approaches in social sciences and humanities. However, we prefer qualitative and theoretically informed articles. Our fields, sub-fields and topics of interest could be found in our CFP available in Announcement section.
2520-7032 (Online), ISSN 2520-7024 (Print)
Abbreviated key title: Rev.hum.rights (Print/Online)
Indexing & Abstracting
RHR is indexed and abstracted with the following databases and/or services:
- International Political Science Abstracts (IPSA)
- Columbia International Affairs Online, Columbia University Press (CIAO)
- ResearchBib (Academic Resource Index)
- Directory of Research Journals Indexing
Open Access Statement
RHR is a fully open access publication. It is freely accessible online, and full-text content is immediately available upon publication. RHR does not charge authors submission fees or article processing fees. We are dedicated to the idea of a free and open exchange of scholarship from all disciplines, perspectives, and methodologies.
All article submissions to RHR are double-blind reviewed. Double-blind means that neither the author nor the reviewers are aware of each other's identity. Submitted or solicited book reviews are reviewed by the editor and members of the Editorial Board.
Content is published online as soon as it is ready. Every year in late December all of the content published is gathered together into the journal's annual issue.
RHR operates based on a non-exclusive publishing agreement, according to which the journal retains the right of first publication, but authors are free to subsequently publish their work. The copyright of all work rests with the author(s).
By default, all content published in RHR is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). This license allows authors and readers to share and adapt content for non-commercial purposes, provided that they abide by the following terms:
- Give credit to the original author(s)/creator(s) and attribution parties (i.e., RHR);
- Provide a link to the original source, to the extent practicable;
- Include the copyright notice and/or indicate the corresponding Creative Commons license (and provide a link to the license);
- Indicate what, if any, adaptations were made to the original; and
- Share adapted content under the same license as the original.
Following publication of the first issue, RHR will join the PKP Private LOCKSS Network, which provides permanent preservation services to participating journals.
RHR is published by the Society of Social Science Academics.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site are used only by RHR and only for the purposes of operating the journal and fostering the development of a community of Human Rights scholars. No other party will be granted access to them for any reason.